Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dirty and Thankful

Yesterday was my first opportunity this year to get into a greenhouse. I am thankful that I have a friend that is willing to share some of her space with me. This time last year I was working on someone else's farm. I'm really behind  on getting permadirt stains on my hands. 


Without this connection to others who farm/garden I would be at a serious disadvantage when getting my transplants started. I don't have the funding to buy or build a greenhouse. I don't know that I ever will. I do know that I have many opportunities to share my resources and knowledge and also benefit from the resources and knowledge of others.

A small group of us were planting and sharing. There was talk of parenting philosophy and childhood experiences as we tucked seeds into flats. There was an abundance of seed swapping and tip giving. In just a few hours those of us who gathered were more invested in each others success. It was wonderful.

So today I am thankful. I am thankful for the wonderful community that I am a part of. I am thankful for the abundance that I get to share with others and that which others share with me. 



Shared Salad Greens 

No comments:

Post a Comment